Commonweal Sixth Form has rapidly gained a reputation for providing the highest quality academic education with excellent support and guidance and an engaging and purposeful enrichment programme.
- Become a part of Swindon’s most academically successful Sixth Form or College (Department for Education Data 2017/18).
- Benefit from excellent academic support and guidance from our team of dedicated and inspirational teachers.
- Develop as an individual through our outstanding range of enrichment activities.
- Grow, gain greater independence and become more through the excellent personal support and guidance provided by our team of experienced tutors, support staff and careers team.
- Follow our highly successful programme of education and careers guidance to your chosen course or career.
Why choose Commonweal Sixth Form?
As a student at C6 you will be fully supported, from your first discussions about choice of subjects to taking your next step to university, training or a career.
- Proven academic success and routes to university – 100% A Level and CTEC pass rate 2019/20
- Open, and accessible, to students from across the Swindon area
- A shared culture of aspiration with the best teaching and subjects available
- Experienced teachers and support staff will ensure that you achieve your academic potential
- Personalised, regular and effective support through smaller class sizes
- A tailored programme of enrichment activities plus a wide range of events and trips to enable you to develop and broaden your skills and experiences
- The best environment in which to study and socialise with an excellent atmosphere for learning as well as access to high quality IT through our laptop loan scheme and Wi-Fi across our site
Open evening Thursday 4th October 2020
Available virtually from this date forward via our website.
Application Submission Friday 5th December 2020
The deadline for applications to Commonweal Sixth Form – late applications will be accepted but those submitted before the deadline will receive priority.
Meet to Discuss Course Choices
Like every applicant, you will have a one to one meeting to discuss your options, check that your decisions are sound and that you are happy with your choices.
Conditional Places Offered
You will receive formal confirmation of your subject choices
and the entry requirements.
Your first day as a Sixth Former. Find out what it means
to be a successful student at Commonweal Sixth Form.
Confirmation of Places and GCSE Results Day
Collect your results and confirm your place at Commonweal Sixth Form. Staff will also be available to offer you support and guidance in our Results Clinic.
If required, another opportunity to discuss and finalise your options
The real work begins. Meet your tutor, fellow tutees and challenge yourself to exceed your expectations.
Your pathway to success
A curriculum built around you. With our fantastic range of courses and experienced staff we are able to offer a range of pathways to help you achieve your goals. Entry is subject to meeting our admissions criteria.
Entry requirements: 5 or more GCSEs at grades 9–5 including Maths and English
Pathway: 3–4 A Levels
Destination: University, College
Entry requirements: 4 or more GCSEs at grades 9–4 including Maths and English
Pathway: Vocational qualification & AS/A Level
Destination: Higher Level Apprenticeship, Employment