Safeguarding Guidance for Visitors to the School
Adults visiting or working on the school site play an important part in the life of the school.
You can play a part in keeping students safe whilst working at, or visiting, the school by observing the following guidelines:
- Do not initiate verbal or physical contact with students unless it is appropriate and a part of the agreed reason for your visit.
- Do not give any personal information to students, such as your mobile number or address.
- Do not provide students with your personal email address, and only provide your professional work email if it is necessary as part of the reason for your visit.
- Do not give students details of your personal social network accounts or engage in any communication with students using social networking sites.
- If you have any concerns that a student may be at risk of harm, report it immediately to the senior designated person for child protection (Lou Forrester) who can be contacted via the main school office. Do not discuss your concerns with the student, and do not carry out an investigation.
- If a student makes a disclosure to you, do not promise confidentiality. Explain that you will need to talk to someone else. Inform the designated senior person for child protection (Lou Forrester) of your concerns immediately.
For further guidance, the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy can be found on the school website under the ‘policies’ section.
Thank you for helping to keep The Commonweal School safe