The Commonweal School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All employees are subject to an enhanced DBS check, and references will be taken prior to employment.
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children, through its criminal record checking and barring functions.
Below are a number of useful links and information regarding Online safety for Students and Parents.
- Advice for students and parents www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Report abuse www.ceop.police.uk/click-ceop
- Substance Abuse, Frank www.talktofrank.com
- Mental Health, Young Minds www.youngminds.org.uk
- Childline: 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000 www.nspcc.org.uk
- Barnardos www.barnardos.org.uk
- Vodafone Digital Parenting Website www.vodafone.com/content/digital-parenting.html/
- Childnet Facebook Privacy Settings recommendations www.childnet.com/ufiles/Graph-Search-Privacy.pdf
- Social Media Guidance, Child Safety Online: A Practical guide for parents and carers www.gov.uk/government/publications/child-safety-online-a-practical-guide-for-parents-and-carers
- NSPCC Sexting: advice for parents www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/sexting/