This statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All students in years 7-13 are entitled to:
- find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeship opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point;
- hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events;
- understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Management of provider access requests – Procedure
A provider wishing to request access should contact:
- Lottie O’Brien E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01793 612727
- Julia Falaki E-Mail: email@example.com Tel: 01793 612727
Opportunities for access
A number of events, integrated into the school careers programme, will offer providers an opportunity to come into school to speak to pupils and /or their parents / carers:
- Dedicated Parent’s evenings
- Year 9 Options evenings
- Careers Fair
- Apprenticeship workshops
- Social Science lessons
Please speak to our Careers Leader to identify the most suitable opportunity for you.
Premises and facilities
The school will make the main hall, classrooms or private meeting rooms available for discussions between the provider and students, as appropriate to the activity. The school will also make available AV and other specialist equipment to support provider presentations. This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit with the Careers Leader or a member of their team.
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature at the Careers Resource Centre, which is managed by the school’s Careers Adviser. The Resource Centre is available to all students at all times.