The Commonweal School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All employees are subject to an enhanced DBS check, and references will be taken prior to employment.
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children, through its criminal record checking and barring functions.
Below are a number of useful links and information regarding Online safety for Students and Parents.
- Advice for students and parents (www.thinkuknow.co.uk)
- Report abuse (www.ceop.police.uk/click-ceop)
- Substance Abuse, Frank (http://www.talktofrank.com/)
- Mental Health, Young Minds (http://www.youngminds.org.uk)
- Childline: 0800 1111 (https://www.childline.org.uk)
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000 (https://www.nspcc.org.uk)
- Barnardos (http://www.barnardos.org.uk)
- Vodafone Digital Parenting Website (www.vodafone.com/content/parents.html/)
- Childnet Facebook Privacy Settings recommendations (http://www.childnet.com/ufiles/Graph-Search-Privacy.pdf)
- Social Media Guidance, Child Safety Online: A Practical guide for parents and carers
- NSPCC Sexting: advice for parents (https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/sexting/)
Childnet - Supporting Young People Online - for parents and carers 648.17 KB 16 downloads...
Anti-Bullying Alliance - Parental Guide to Safer Internet 350.27 KB 9 downloads...