Students will be enrolled on the first day of the new term, by scanning their index fingertip. The optical scanner works in the same way as a digital camera; random points of the fingertip are broken down into data points and are converted to what is essentially a string of random numbers, No-one has access to this information and the stored data points can never be viewed as anything other than a string of numbers and letters, so please be assured this software is very secure.
From September 2015, our preferred method of payment for school meals is School Gateway. All parents must have an e-mail address and mobile phone registered with the school to use this facility.
To activate your School Gateway account, go to http://www.schoolgateway.com and register as a New User with the e-mail address and mobile phone registered with the school. A smart phone app (Android & Apple iOS) is also available that can be downloaded and installed.
More information on Schoolgateway can be found here
What are the benefits to parents and students?
- A single logon for parents.
- A free and attractive app for smartphones and tablets – parents will be able to see attendance information, receive instant messages and make payments wherever they are.
- The ability to pay for schools meals and trips online.
What are the benefits to our school?
- Improved communication with parents and better functionality.
- Integration with our main central database means that it will be easier to keep contact details up to date.
- Savings made through replacing existing systems with one.
- Reduced costs if instant messages are sent via the app, rather than texts.
Making payment by cash or cheque
We will continue to accept cash and cheque payments in school for the next academic year.
- Cash can be loaded on the cash loader, and;
- Cheques should made payable to Aspens Services Ltd should be taken to the Catering Manager in the dining room