Although the school building is closed to students, safeguarding our vulnerable children and ensuring families are signposted to the support they need remains a priority.
Here is a list of useful contact numbers and websites for students and their families.
Please also refer to the Safeguarding Tab on our website – http://www.commonweal.co.uk/safeguarding/
- Swindon Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) – 01793 466903 select OPTION 2 Seek advice on any safeguarding concerns about your child
- Early Help Hub – 01793 466903 select OPTION 1 to speak to Early Help Hub for advice or Team around the Child advice **
- Social Workers – 01793 466903 select OPTION 3 to speak to an allocated social worker you have **
- The Family Service – 01793 465111 **
- U Turn – 01793 464662 Swindon service for support, help and guidance to young people (and their families) who have alcohol and/or drug-related problems.
- Tamhs – 01793 463177 **
- Camhs – 01865 903480 **
- Ontrak – 01793 464662 Swindon Counselling service for 14-19 yr olds https://lift-swindon.awp.nhs.uk/
- Lift Psychology – 01793 836836 (No courses currently but 1:1 telephone appts. Service for 16 years only and above)
- NHS – 111
- Police – 101
- School Nursing Service – SNS@swindon.gov.uk for families and young people to access school nursing service
email@example.com School email address for students to seek some support with their mental health
**These services are available to call only if you are already working with them or have had a referral made
- https://thedockswindon.co.uk/ Advice and support on a range of issues for young people in Swindon
- https://www.kooth.com/ Free online anonymous but safe support for Young people in Swindon includes live forums and a range of content to help young people
- https://youngminds.org.uk/ Information for young people and parents about mental health
- https://giveusashout.org/ Text shout to 85258 Immediate support 24/7 for all types of mental health challenges
If you have any concerns about your child during the period where students and staff are working from home, then please use staff school email addresses, which is their initial followed by surname @commonweal.co.uk
Your child’s tutor and house team, C6 team should remain your primary point of contact in the first instance unless it is a safeguarding issue, please see the list of email addresses below for pastoral and safeguarding teams.
This will, for obvious reasons be a limited range of support, but we will certainly endeavour to direct you to any other agencies who could help.
Please note this is for Safeguarding and Pastoral support and NOT for any advice, medical or otherwise about COVID 19 – please use the https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ and https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus for this.
There will also be a Safeguarding Phone Number you can call and leave a message on for any emergencies. Please ensure you clearly give your name, reason for call and a return number to call. The phone will be checked during school working hours only. Outside of these hours use the numbers listed above.
COMMONWEAL SAFEGUARDING NUMBER – 07444 392094
|Louise Forrester||Assistant Head Designated Safeguarding Lead||Lforrester@commonweal.co.uk|
|James Woods||Assistant Head Pastoral & Deputy Safeguardingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kelly Cummings||Deputy Safeguarding Leademail@example.com|
|Rawley Ogungbadero||Social Worker (allocated to Commonweal School)||ROgungbadero3@swindon.gov.uk|
|Ruth Becket **||School counsellor Main firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tracy Rosser **||School counsellor C6email@example.com|
|Dani Brown **||Behavioural/Wellbeing support TAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|James Matcham||Assistant Head - Head of C6||JMatcham@commonweal.co.uk|
|Hazel McKay||Head of Year C6||HMcKay@commonweal.co.uk|
|Martin Scandling||Head of Sarum||Mscandling@commonweal.co.uk|
|Gary Nash||Deputy Head of Sarum||Gnash@commonweal.co.uk|
|Marika Ryan||Head of Whitehorseemail@example.com|
|Amie Burridge||Deputy Head of Whitehorsefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Susie Whittington||Head of Stonehengeemail@example.com|
|Kerhys Lang||Deputy Head of Stonehengefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Maz Drew||Head of Ridgeway||Mdrew@commonweal.co.uk|
|Jordan Sheppard||Deputy Head of Ridgewayemail@example.com|
** Please only use these staff if you are a student who is currently on their open case list (if not you should use your tutor or House team in the first instance)